31.3.12. Winner & runners-up announced
1.3.2012. The competition is now closed – winners will be announced at the end of March. Keep an eye on the Lamb blog for updates.
26.3.12. SHORTLIST NOW ANNOUNCED
We’re excited to announce our LAMB remix competition. We’ve chosen the song Butterfly Effect because we think it lends itself to almost any genre of remix.
Regardless of whether you’ve remixed a song before, we invite you to experiment, enjoy and create. We’d genuinely like to hear all your ideas – no matter how weird or wonderful.
We’re looking for innovative genre-defying remixes of Butterfly Effect from our latest album ’5′.
Our favourite remix will released in 2012 on the
Butterfly Effect EP. The winner and runners-up
will also receive a full copy of Melodyne editor software,
the perfect remix tool.
Check out the full details and entry criteria below.
You have until the end of February 2012 to impress us!
Good luck everyone!!
Andy & Lou
1. Download the stems
Listen to our original album version of ‘Butterfly Effect’ (90.5 BPM) and download the stems below.
Butterfly Effect – Remix Competition by lambofficial
2. Get cracking on your remix.
Used worldwide by professional musicians and producers, Melodyne delivers editing facilities for the pitch, timing, volume and formants of audio recordings. You can even modify individual notes in recordings of polyphonic instruments.
3. Submit your remix!
Your entry should be submitted to the competition dropbox* no later than
29 February 2012. We recommend you set up a free Soundcloud account to submit your track. When submitting your remix ensure that the download option is disabled and the track set to ‘public’. Please include an email address with your submission.
Send your remix here4. Check out the competition entries.
We’ll be posting entries here and on our facebook page.
5. The Prize
The winning entry will be included on the LAMB Butterfly Effect EP, scheduled for release in 2012*. The winner and 2 runners-up will also receive a full copy of Melodyne editor, courtesy of competition sponsors Celemony.
We’ll contact the winner and the runners-up directly on or before 31st March 2012.
Their names will be posted here on 31st March 2012 or shortly thereafter!
* subject to the Terms & Conditions of entry below.
Terms & Conditions of Entry
- Entries must be submitted to the LAMB Remix Competition dropbox at SoundCloud.com. You may need to set up a free Soundcloud account to submit your track. Submission of tracks is subject to Soundcloud’s terms and conditions so please ensure you observe these. Please note that your submitted track should be set to ‘public’ but the download option should be disabled.
- The closing date for submissions is midnight on 29th February 2012. We reserve the right to alter the stated competition dates and the announcement date of the winning entry.
- The winner and 2 runners-up will be selected by Lou Rhodes and Andy Barlow and their decision is final. In the unlikely event that the judges deem no tracks are of sufficient quality, LAMB withhold the right not to declare a winner/runners up or include any entries on the ‘Butterfly Effect’ EP. Please submit only professional quality product for consideration.
- The competition may be promoted in other online promotions, in the press or by competition partners (Strata Music Ltd, LAMB, Celemony,) before the closing date.
- Entrants must warrant that their entries are original work and do not infringe intellectual property and privacy of a third party. Any submissions identified using a sample that is ‘uncleared’ will be disqualified. The definition of an ‘uncleared’ sample is a loop, sample or musical work for which you do not own the copyright (ie: you didn’t create it). You are free to use sounds that were created by you and/or royalty free loops. The submitting party bears all responsibility for their use of any ‘uncleared’ content.
- By entering the competition each entrant agrees to sign their remix to LAMB, c/o Strata Music Ltd for release as part of the Butterfly Effect EP. Each entrant assigns to LAMB/Strata Music Ltd an exclusive, sub-licensable right and licence to use, reproduce, publish, distribute and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to your entry worldwide. Prior to any release, the winner will be requested to sign a remix agreement. Note that royalties will be paid on sales.
- By entering the Contest, entrants agree that the organisers may receive other entries that are similar or identical in theme, format or other respects to that submitted by entrant. Entrants expressly waive any and all claims that they may have against the competition organisers based on any claim that any entry entered into the Contest is similar or identical to their entry. In the event that more than one entry with similar or identical elements is brought to the organiser’s attention, the first such entry received will be accepted. Entrants further agree that Sponsor shall not have any liability to entrants for any direct, indirect, contributory, vicarious, secondary or other infringement or protection of any copyright in or to entrant’s entry.
- All trademarks and logos are protected. All rights of the producer and the owner of the recorded work are reserved. Unauthorized copying, hiring, renting, public performance and broadcasting of the remix parts or resulting records or remixes or is prohibited.
- All entrants to the competition will be deemed to have accepted the rules and terms and conditions.
- The competition is not open to employees or agencies of LAMB or Strata Music.
- Information on winners will be available at www.lambofficial.com.
- Upon request entrants will supply a stereo, 24 bit, WAV master file.
- None of the organizers or sponsors of this event, including but not limited to LAMB, Strata Music Ltd, and Celemony (makers of Melodyne) label shall accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, liability, injury or upset caused to or suffered by you as a result of entering the competition or winning any prize. They further accept no liability for any damage caused to any person’s computer or other electronic device relating to or resulting from downloading any materials, including so called computer viruses, in connection with this competition.
- These terms are governed by English law and subject to the jurisdiction of English Courts. If any provision of these terms is invalid under the law of a particular country, it will only apply to the extent permitted.